Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Today Is My Day Off

Meeting up with my couchsurfing friends from Cedar City, UT. They're in Southern Lake Tahoe and we're going up to the eastern part of the lake for the day. They're picking me up in Carson City.

Yesterday's ride was one of my least favorite rides of the adventure. Nausea, heat, wind and a gurgling stomach made for abysmal conditions. I'm couchsurfing here with my lovely host Jenny :) 

I found a house filled with pigeons in the barren Nevada desert. Very out of place, I ate one of the two cookies Deb gave me as a farewell present.

A shitty picture of the downhill into Carson. That sun battered my brain all day. 

Coming into Carson City. I barely looked up at all on the 65 mile trek. I encountered the worst drivers on US 50 from Fallon to Silver Springs. I even flipped one (two) guy(s) off, which I've rarely done. I was brushed by 5-6 cars.

Coming out of the road from Jenny's apartment. Carson City is beautifully nestled within the mountains.

Also! Shout out to Kyle! On my way out of Fallon, maybe 10 miles out, there was a car parked off the road with a man sitting, his legs dangling out of the front seat. He waved me down as I came toward him. Kyle gave me a gatorade and some cash upon learning of my endeavor! We talked for about half an hour and he spoke of his lifelong trip to run across the country. I vehemently encouraged him to do so but, like most of America, he's fighting off students loans and debts. Fuck all dat, Kyle, just do it, my brother. I wish I got his picture. He was one of the lone bright specks of the anxiety-ridden ride.  

No comments:

Post a Comment