Sunday, May 26, 2013

Brief

Today was one of my favorite days so far. Leisurely pace, an awesome new companion, beautiful weather, and a night of socializing amongst friends. I'm tired and don't particularly feel like going through the details of today so I'm not going to. Another reason is because of how personal today felt. I want to be selfish and keep the interactions of tonight to myself and the group that they took place with. 

It is a wonderful evening. It was a glorious day. If the sun rises tomorrow, than a smile shall form with it. 

Good night.

Breakfast at the hostel: cooked grits, two pieces of toast, and a banana. 

              Downtown Charlottesville

      Homemade yogurt made from fresh picked strawberries.

Current camping area at "The Cookie Lady's" house. Look up June Curry.

   Garry from Ireland who met up with me to camp in Afton, VA.


I do need to bring up 4 more incredible human beings that I met at the hostel just so I don't forget them and there is a place where they're history is recorded.

Kathy: Absolutely brimming with adventure, joy, excitement and life. She was biking a short segment known as the Skyline Drive an we talked allll night. She was so pleasant to speak with and took a real genuine interest in my life, activities and interests. She was a teacher back home and an absolute health nut. Wonderful woman.

Bill: Fellow from New York in town for his cousin's wedding. A very smart guy, we had an interestingly long conversation about the effects of smoking and addiction. We woke up and had breakfast at the same time, discussing numerous topics and picking each other's minds.

Rachel & Nate: This couple came into the hostel after I fell asleep but we found lots of common ground at breakfast. We chatted history all morning and the richness of Charlottesville's historic past. Delightful people, very interesting.

Aight, that's enough typing on this tiny keypad. I'll write with more detail tomorrow evening. Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment