Thursday, May 16, 2013

Peace Jersey

Maannn, couldn't have chosen a better day to ride out. I left around 830 this morning and biked into Stone Harbor. From there I went into North Wildwood and eventually made it into Cape May.

Halfway through Wildwood I actually got tired of the unceasing noise proceeding from my headphones and opted for the nature sounds around me. That was a good decision. Birds, wind, swinging reeds, ocean, and conversations greeted my still ringing ears. 

HUGE detrimental thank you to the Rossner fam at the Back Corner Cafe. Sweet baby jesus, that was the finest cuisine and eats I've ever had. The hospitality was incredibly appreciated. 

After refueling there, i went to the Cape May Lewes Ferry where I had to wait 2 and a half hours for the next crossing. It was some nice downtime after 3 hours of fierce pedaling. 

I got into Lewes, DE around 4ish and neandered around the area. I got a little lost then started panicking I wouldn't find a place to sleep. After scrambling around the area for a few hours, I finally stumbled upon the Delaware Seashore State Park. As I slowly pedaled up to the sign-in booth, I nervously asked if there was any room amongst the rv's for a place to sleep. Not only was there a spot but the incredibly kind woman gave it to me for free. Im currently in Suffolk, DE laying in my tent and watching the most beautiful sunset I've seen for awhile. 

Today was a very solid day.



           Wildwood Boardwalk

                   Arriving in Lewes, DE

                  Some Crazy Bridge in DE

  And my personal fav: the current sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment